The most used welding styles today are, MIG welding and TIG welding. However, TIG is not as frequently used as MIG. Here is the TIG vs MIG comparison. Clikck on http://jobsite-us.com/custommetalfabrication/difference-between-mig-and-tig-welding/ for more.
A new welder will discover that the metal becomes simpler to work with and more malleable in gas welding procedures, since gas welding ensures that the sheet metal in question stays pliable and soft during the welding procedure. The metal is more difficult to work with, capable of shrinking, and louder in MIG welding, which really is the opposite of gas welding. In combining the two procedures, the finest sheet metal welding attains the sought after end result.
After beginning with a gas welder to get a feel for it, you might slowly begin using the MIG welding process, making sure that you test in areas where you can not be seen. Using MIG welding for the more difficult to get to locations, the majority of welding professionals will utilize gas welding as often as they are able to. You must remember to gas weld in advance of MIG welding, not ever welding in the reverse order; this is really crucial to keep in mind.
Make certain that all of your settings are correct, and use a tiny tip on the welder, when you weld using the gas welding process. You must focus on your equipment while you are welding, since it is undesirable to weld with either too little or too much welding pressure. You ought to adjust your equipment as appropriate, when you hear way too much noise or too much popping occurring.
MIG welders who do not have much experience will complain about the lack of sight as they are welding. Make sure you work in a well lit area, and ensure that your face mask is in good repair with clean and clear lenses.
In order to successfully and securely weld sheet metal, you require additional equipment beyond just a welder. You require heavy duty welding gloves in order to stay safe. Protecting your hands from any stray sheet metal pieces or hot sparks that may fly around in the welding procedure, welding gloves are useful. You must possess a good face mask built exactly for welding purposes; the very best versions contain a light sensor which is affixed on to the mask.
Some tips on attaining high-quality results from TIG welding are outlined here.
* TIG welding is a highly tough and time-consuming welding process that creates relatively low emissions. The user must be well-informed about all the equipment, complications, and safety measures of the process.
* TIG welding is highly useful with non-ferrous metal alloys and if the user is going to weld such alloys then it is the best procedure to use.
* TIG welding is a process that requires a properly cleaned surface in order to create a clean arc and fine welds. The user should properly clean the surface before welding.
* TIG welding should always be started with minimum power and it should be increased slowly. It is a penetrative process so the user has to evaluate the level of penetration before increasing the flow of the current.
* The user should not make mistakes in choosing the tungsten as different types of tungsten rods are used according to the material to be welded. Different metal alloys and their thickness determine what electrode to use.
* TIG welding is a slow process that requires a considerable amount of concentration to get the best possible results and the user should not be distracted or disturbed during the process.
* The user should grind the tungsten as even as possible. One can use a tungsten sharpener or a bench grinder for the purpose. One should not use an all purpose grinder for tungsten grinding as it can be contaminated as well.
* One should always use the gas lenses while welding the stainless steel. However, it is always better to use gas lenses for all types of welds but for stainless steel, it is a must.
* The user should consider the torch angle while welding. It determines the amount of penetration. If the torch is vertical then the penetration would be higher, but high penetration is not always desirable.
* One should not forget to properly check for the filler metals. The user should get a chart of filler metals that will help him to determine the correct filler metal for welding appropriate metal alloys.